Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Altec Lansing 1678 Automatic Microphone Mixer

  1. #1
    Inactive Member skeeter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am trying to adapt this unit for use with multitracking for the sweet, sweet preamps. I would like to know how to get signal discreetly out of the direct outs of each channel. There are relays connected to the link function. Do I need to bypass these? I've recapped the unit and done a thorough overhaul. Do I need the 5-pin connector? An owner's manual would be most helpful. I've already downloaded the OPERATIONS manualfrom the Altec site, but there isn't enough info on the use and/or applications of the link function. Please advise. Anybody already using one of these for recording? Thanks for your time.
    -Jack

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Some questions:

    1. Which model Altec automixer do you have?

    2. What literature do you have?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member aespin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2005
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah i'm looking to mod too, so i can get the line outs as postfader, mine is 1678c.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.